The Teen Volunteers are an essential part of Los Niños Primero and undoubtedly contribute to the success of the organization. Throughout the year, Teen Volunteers assist teachers in the classrooms, work alongside adult volunteers to serve lunch and snack, help faculty and staff complete administrative tasks, and so much more.
Saturday School Program
If you did not participate in the 2017 Summer Program as a Teen Volunteer and would like to volunteer for Saturday School and other Continuemos programs, please complete the following application and you will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
All new volunteers are required to attend a brief training session before being permitted to assist in the classrooms.
This application is only for Saturday School volunteers. Anyone interested in volunteering during the 2018 Summer Program will need to complete the Teen Volunteer Application for the Summer Program when it becomes available on February 1st, 2018.
Los Niños Primero is offering two paid internships to qualified Teen Volunteers for the 2018 Summer Education Program. LNP Interns have the opportunity to develop professionalism and leadership skills while providing support to the faculty and staff of a non-profit organization making a positive impact in the Sandy Springs community. Due to increased interest in the position and in order to more fairly select individuals, Los Niños Primero is introducing an application process for the LNP Intern position.
• Interns assist in the planning process and facilitation of all Teen Volunteer Trainings.
• Interns coordinate the Teen Volunteer Program (daily assignments, supervision, conflict resolution, service hour records, etc.).
• Interns provide administrative support to LNP Core Team (Academic, Family Engagement, Media, and Volunteer Coordinators) and teachers throughout the 2018 Summer Education program.
• Interns are encouraged to develop ideas for recruitment, outreach, fundraising, marketing, etc.
• Applicants must have at least 3 years of volunteer experience at LNP
• Applicants must be a rising senior or college student in the Fall of 2018
• Applicants must complete the LNP Intern Application and attend a brief, face-to-face interview with the LNP Core Team (15-30 minutes)
• Applicants must be available all 4 weeks of the 2018 Summer Education Program and must attend all Teen Volunteer Program trainings/events
• Jan. 10th – application opens
• Feb. 21st – application closes
• Feb. 24th – face-to-face interviews
• Feb. 26th – decisions sent to applicants
To Submit the Application:
After downloading and completing this form, save it in the following format: LastName_Intern App
To submit your application, send it via e-mail to Jordan Keppler at email@example.com
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, do not hesitate to reach out to Jordan Keppler at (404) 218-8431 or teens@losniñosprimeroga.org
During the 2017 Summer Educational Program, 75 Teen Volunteers from 20 Atlanta-area schools dedicated 4 weeks of their summer to volunteer with Los Niños Primero.
All Teen Volunteers attended a training session where they learned about the developmental characteristics of 3- to 6-year-old children, LNP policies and procedures, and how to be an effective teacher’s assistant and role model. The training session also included opportunities for Teen Volunteers to get acquainted with one another, participate in team-building exercises, and discuss their responsibilities as role models, change agents, and leaders at LNP and in their communities. Each component of this intensive training demonstrated the importance of Los Niños Primero in the Sandy Springs community and helped prepare the Teen Volunteers to be effective teacher assistants when in the classroom.
Of this impressive groups of volunteers, 32% participated in Los Niños Primero as students and were eager to return to LNP as Teen Volunteers. Not only do the Teen Volunteers understand the positive impact this organization has on the families it serves and the Sandy Springs community, they also enjoy the time they spend volunteering. Over 50% of the Teen Volunteers have been involved in LNP for multiple years.
In addition to serving over 6,800 hours during the 2017 Summer Program, the Teen Volunteer Program was able to raise over $900 for LNP through the annual Car Wash and other fundraising efforts. Many of the Teen Volunteers continue to participate in LNP throughout the school year by volunteering at Saturday School: a twice-monthly educational program.
At Los Niños Primero, we value the involvement of our Teen Volunteers and we recognize that their dedication undoubtedly contributes to the success of the students and the organization.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Jordan Keppler, at (404) 218-8431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.