Los Niños Primero (Kids First)
is a year-round educational program for Latino children, working to provide families and children with the tools they need to be successful in school and beyond!
With our educational support in the early years, our attendees enter public school speaking English and with documented mastery of needed pre-academic skills.
We are a year-round program that offers:
- Saturday school for 3 and 4 year-olds
- Summer program for 3 to 6 year olds; 4 weeks every summer
- Chorus program for 5+ year olds (weekly from September to March)
- Cyber Orchestra for 5+ year olds (weekly from September to March)
- Karate for 5+ year olds (weekly from September to May)
- Soccer for 5+ year olds (weekly from October to March)
- Swimming for 5+ year olds (Monthly from September to March)
- Opportunities for teens to volunteer to develop their leadership skills and earn community-service hours
- Screenings that identify students with dental, speech and language disorders
- Early referral for services in the public schools
- Opportunities for the parent(s) to be partners in education