What We've Achieved
Los Niños Primero has entered its second decade of providing high-quality school readiness to our Latino preschoolers and their families. The Program began with 17 children in 2001, and this summer we will serve 180 students. We know that our services positively impact the Latino families, the public schools and, most importantly, our students
SUMMER EDUCATIONAL PROGRAM 2017
- This year we added three new locations to the Summer Program, two located in the city of Sandy Springs, and one located in the South which will serve 3 & 4 year old children for the duration of 4 weeks.
- During this years Summer Program we will now serve students at a total of 4 locations.
- For the fourth consecutive year, “Parent Coaches” were utilized to help better develop a powerful communication system with other parents.
- The Woodruff Arts Center trained our teachers, parents and teens in the program Building Literacy through Drama.
- 90% of Los Niños Primero’s parents participated in the parent classes.
- From pre to post test, there was a 184.5% increase in emergent reading skills among three-year-olds.
- Overall 132.7% increase in six-year-olds’ language skills.
- Across the Board there is a significant increase in our children's learning skills and their abilities in the classroom.
SATURDAY SCHOOL AUGUST 2016 –
- 81 children are attending Saturday School in twice monthly sessions in 2016-2017
- Learning took place over 19 Saturdays.
- Parents participated in the Art Awareness Program, which included a class about the importance of art in their children’s education and a visit to the Aurora Theatre to see a play titled “Women Have Curves Too.”
- 50 parents received a commendation for their participation in the parent educational program.
- The Chorus has been an excellent ambassador for LNP; they opened for a summer concert at Sandy Springs Heritage Site, presented the opening ceremony for the Rotary Club, and performed at the Food Fun Festival at North Springs High School.
- We added 3 new auxiliary programs: karate, orchestra, and soccer
- In May of 2017, we completed the LNP Academic Guidelines for our Program.