The Youth Volunteers are an essential part of Los Niños Primero and undoubtedly contribute to the success of the organization. Throughout the year, Youth Volunteers assist teachers in the classrooms, work alongside adult volunteers to serve lunch and snack, help faculty and staff complete administrative tasks, and so much more.
Youth Volunteer Application for the 2018 Summer Program
The LNP Summer Program is a 4-week educational program designed to prepare students age 3- to 6-years for school in the fall.
Summer Program dates: Week 1: June 4-8 @ 7:30am – 2:15pm Week 2: June 11-15 @ 7:30am – 2:15pm Week 3: June 18-22 @ 7:30am – 2:15pm Week 4: June 25-29 @ 7:30am – 2:15pm
Applicants can sign up for 1, 2, 3, or all 4 weeks (as long as space is available).
Summer Program locations:
- Mount Vernon Presbyterian Church (main campus)
- North Springs Methodist Church
- Holy Innocents’ Episcopal Church
- Hapeville, GA (specific location TBA)
The Youth Volunteer Program provides summer volunteer opportunities to rising 8th grade, high school, and college students. During the 2018 Summer Program, Youth Volunteers can expect to:
• Assist Georgia-certified teachers in the classrooms
• Assist in the Music and Motor Skills classrooms
• Prepare and serve all snack and meals • Support administrative staff
The Youth Volunteer Program application process for the 2018 Summer Program involves an online application that includes one reference and a short essay. Applicants should communicate with their reference prior to starting the application and should set aside 20-30 minutes to complete it. All Teen Volunteers are also required to attend a mandatory Youth Volunteer Training. Applicants will receive an acceptance email when their application is complete and their reference has responded.
If you have any questions about the Youth Volunteer Program or the application process, do not hesitate to reach out to Jordan Keppler (Volunteer Coordinator) at (404) 218-8431 or firstname.lastname@example.org
Saturday School Program
If you did not participate in the 2017 Summer Program as a Youth Volunteer and would like to volunteer for Saturday School and other Continuemos programs, please complete the following application and you will be contacted by the Volunteer Coordinator about upcoming volunteer opportunities.
All new volunteers are required to attend a brief training session before being permitted to assist in the classrooms.
This application is only for Saturday School volunteers. Anyone interested in volunteering during the 2018 Summer Program will need to complete the Youth Volunteer Application for the Summer Program when it becomes available on February 1st, 2018.
Los Niños Primero is offering two paid internships to qualified Youth Volunteers for the 2018 Summer Education Program. LNP Interns have the opportunity to develop professionalism and leadership skills while providing support to the faculty and staff of a non-profit organization making a positive impact in the Sandy Springs community. Due to increased interest in the position and in order to more fairly select individuals, Los Niños Primero is introducing an application process for the LNP Intern position.
• Interns assist in the planning process and facilitation of all Youth Volunteer Trainings.
• Interns coordinate the Youth Volunteer Program (daily assignments, supervision, conflict resolution, service hour records, etc.).
• Interns provide administrative support to LNP Core Team (Academic, Family Engagement, Media, and Volunteer Coordinators) and teachers throughout the 2018 Summer Education program.
• Interns are encouraged to develop ideas for recruitment, outreach, fundraising, marketing, etc.
• Applicants must have at least 3 years of volunteer experience at LNP
• Applicants must be a rising senior or college student in the Fall of 2018
• Applicants must complete the LNP Intern Application and attend a brief, face-to-face interview with the LNP Core Team (15-30 minutes)
• Applicants must be available all 4 weeks of the 2018 Summer Education Program and must attend all Youth Volunteer Program trainings/events
• Jan. 10th – application opens
• Feb. 21st – application closes
• Feb. 24th – face-to-face interviews
• Feb. 26th – decisions sent to applicants
To Submit the Application:
After downloading and completing this form, save it in the following format: LastName_Intern App
To submit your application, send it via e-mail to Jordan Keppler at email@example.com
If you have any questions about the position or the application process, do not hesitate to reach out to Jordan Keppler at (404) 218-8431 or teens@losniñosprimeroga.org
During the 2017 Summer Educational Program, 75 Teen Volunteers from 20 Atlanta-area schools dedicated 4 weeks of their summer to volunteer with Los Niños Primero.
All Youth Volunteers attended a training session where they learned about the developmental characteristics of 3- to 6-year-old children, LNP policies and procedures, and how to be an effective teacher’s assistant and role model. The training session also included opportunities for Youth Volunteers to get acquainted with one another, participate in team-building exercises, and discuss their responsibilities as role models, change agents, and leaders at LNP and in their communities. Each component of this intensive training demonstrated the importance of Los Niños Primero in the Sandy Springs community and helped prepare the Youth Volunteers to be effective teacher assistants when in the classroom.
Of this impressive groups of volunteers, 32% participated in Los Niños Primero as students and were eager to return to LNP as Youth Volunteers. Not only do the Youth Volunteers understand the positive impact this organization has on the families it serves and the Sandy Springs community, they also enjoy the time they spend volunteering. Over 50% of the Teen Volunteers have been involved in LNP for multiple years.
In addition to serving over 6,800 hours during the 2017 Summer Program, the Youth Volunteer Program was able to raise over $900 for LNP through the annual Car Wash and other fundraising efforts. Many of the Youth Volunteers continue to participate in LNP throughout the school year by volunteering at Saturday School: a twice-monthly educational program.
At Los Niños Primero, we value the involvement of our Youth Volunteers and we recognize that their dedication undoubtedly contributes to the success of the students and the organization.
If you have any questions, please contact the Volunteer Coordinator, Jordan Keppler, at (404) 218-8431 or firstname.lastname@example.org.